Friday, February 13, 2009

Doctors Appointment and iFLY Valentine Date

Salomon Center in Ogden, UT.
Just after our flights standing in front of the simulator.


Today Rory had his 1 year check up since his heart attack. The doctor was happy with his progress and he doesn't have to come back until February 2010, that was great news!

After the doctor appointment we drove up to Ogden to the Salomon Center to the iFLY place for our Valentine date. The iFLY is a simulator for sky diving. When you first get there you watch a short video and an instructor gives you some more instruction on the iFLY simulator. Next you go get your gear. First you take off all of your jewelry and take everything out of your pockets. Next you put on knee pads over your jeans, then you put on a jump suit, ear plugs, goggles and a helmet. Then you go into the simulator and they turn on 4 300 hp engines that blow the air into the chamber at 160 miles per hour. The instructor goes in first and then you lean into the chamber like you are going to fall face first and the air takes you and then you are flying. It was quite the experience and the air is very powerful. At the end of our flights the instructor takes hold of you and he spins the both of you and you fly up toward the top of the chamber and then he spins you back down, this was really fun! I would recommend it to everyone to try. I don't think I will ever jump out of an airplane, but this was a great substitute.
We have a great video of our flight, but we haven't figured out how to post it yet.

3 comments:

Martins said...

I have always wanted to go sky diving but now I'm afraid of dying and leaving my poor children motherless... so I think I need to try that!! Also, I'm glad to hear Rory's check up went well!!!

crazycranefamily said...

Now that sounds like my idea of sky diving. Some friends of ours are going in May, and I told them I would film them all dying. BUT if we did this I might be brave enough to join them!

Miriam said...

Nick did that once in Vegas. He loved it too!! Congrats on Rory's check-up~~he's a keeper.