Wednesday, June 10, 2009

11 Yr. Old Scout Camp

Zeke, Braxton and Jack
Opening of Camp with speaker Officer Mike Terry.

The gun range.


The bow and arrow range.

Jack, Zeke, Braxton and Stefanie
Friday, June 5, 2009
Braxton had his 11 Yr. Old Scout Camp. I was asked to go and help with the camp, but when I got there we found out that there were almost as many leaders and there were boys, so I stayed for a couple of hours and then went home. For the opening of the camp they had Officer Mike Terry (Tooele City Police), who is one of Brock's friends he grew up playing football with come and talk to the boys about how being an Eagle Scout has helped him on his mission and in his profession. He talked to the boys for a while and they were able to ask him questions, I think they really enjoyed hearing his stories. Before I left I helped with knot tying for a couple of rotations and then I went and found Braxton and his group. Which consisted of Braxton, his friend Zeke and his leader Jack Cochrane. When I found them they were on the pellet gun shooting range. This was a lot of fun and because they only had two in their group they were able to shoot several times each. Then they went to the bow and arrow range. This was also lots of fun. Jack and I shot with the boys and did pretty good and was also fun. Then I went home and the boys stayed for the rest of the day.

No comments: